Catholic Scouting promotes the spiritual phase of Scouting. It provides a religious emblems program to help our Scouts grow in their faith and develop the decision making skills to live out Christian values. To participate in the religious award programs Scouts must meet the following eligibility and requirements.
- Be a Catholic Scout registered with a Scout Council within the Archdiocese.
- Scout must either attend Catholic School or their Parish’s respective Religious Education Program.
- Scout must work with registered Archdiocese of Miami Catholic Scouting Counselor.
- Scout must register and pay appropriate fees for participation in the program.
- 1-Scouts must work with a registered AOM Catholic Scouting Counselor. Counselors: for the specific emblem must attend Training Class Call Office of Youth Ministry for dates. (305) 762-1245 or (954) 525-5157 ext. 1245.
- 2- Parents must attend parent meeting assigned by the counselor.
- 3- Buy a Record Book for specific emblem, copies are not acceptable.
- 4-Complete recordbook. Allow two years for the Ad Altare Dei and Marian Program award and one year for the Pope Pius XII award. The other Catholic awards may take approximately four to six months.
- 5- Attend Day of Recollection or 3-Day Retreat, depending on award.